The Bolt20 System on Module (SoM) combines Xilinx's Zynq-7020 All Programmable SoC device with fast
Bolt20 provides ultimate user I/O flexibility by routing the major PS peripheral I/O (MIO[53:16]) to the base board interface connectors allowing flexible user peripheral I/O assignment. The PS MIO signals are electrically designed to handle signal speeds of >1Gbps. In addition, 196 Programmable Logic (PL) pins are made available to the user via the base-board interface connectors. The PL I/O signals are routed to the connectors as a combination of 70-differential and 56-single-ended signals.
Hirose FX8C high-speed (3.125Gbps) stacking connectors are used to provide users with high-speed LVDS signal interface capability.
All required core voltages are generated on-board from a single 5V supply input. The IO voltage levels are user selectable and provided by the baseboard.
The small credit card size (2.1” x 3.2”) form factor allows space-saving hardware designs. The PCB provides 4 mounting holes for ruggedized applications.
- Built around Xilinx's Zynq-7020-CLG484 All Programmable SoC
- Combines the flexibility of a the ARM Cortex A9 with over 100K FPGA Flip Flops for High Performance Data Processing
- Supports both digital IOs and analog differential inputs
- Supports high-speed 600-950Mbps LVDS signaling
- Available in commercial and industrial temperature range
- Interfaces include Gigabit Ethernet, USB 2.0 OTG, I2C, SPI, CAN, DVI, and SDIO
- Uboot and Linux ported to the Bolt20
- Onboard Diagnostics including DDR3, SPI, NAND FLASH and Serial Port Tests
- A flexible and powerful embedded processing and FPGA system in a small (2.1” x 3.2”) form factor
- Simple, low cost and yet rugged assembly
- Simple and low-cost integration
- Fast software boot with image locations in QSPI, NAND Flash, and/or SDIO memory
- 1600MT/s High-bandwidth program and data DDR3 memory
- Low power consumption due to the Zynq7020 power and high-efficiency DC/DC converters
- Xilinx Zynq-7020 AP SoC in the CLG484 package (XC7Z020)
- ARM® dual-core Cortex™-A9 and Xilinx Artix™-7 28 nm FPGA fabric
- Small credit card size form factor (2.1” x 3.2”)
- 196 user I/Os
- ARM peripherals (Gigabit Ethernet, USB2.0, SPI, SDIO, CAN, I2C, UART)
- FPGA I/Os (56 single-ended, 70 differential)
- 1 GB 800 Mhz DDR3 SDRAM
- 2 GB NAND flash
- 128 MB QSPI flash
- Single 5.0 V supply voltage
4 Hirose FX8C stacking connectors supporting up to 3.125Gbps signal rates